My best spaghetti recipe is so stinking simple and fast that I’m almost embarrassed to call it “cooking,” but you asked me to share 31 days of delicious and EASY recipes for busy wives – so here ya go. This one is enjoyed by my family so much that sometimes there isn’t cause for leftover creativity (I include a yummy hack for that at the very end though – just in case). When y’all answered my poll question in the latest newsletter, you said that you struggle the most with cooking and meal prep, so here’s one that can’t be easier.
Best Spaghetti Recipe
The ingredients and instructions on a printable recipe card are below but here’s the basic idea ->
Precooked ground beef is added to a saucepan, as well as a jar of pasta sauce and a can of stewed but chopped tomatoes. Add a sprinkling of Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and one good squirt of ketchup. Here’s my secret ingredient that takes it over the top -> add half of a jar of medium-spicy salsa. That’s it. This salsa gives it a burst of flavor including onions and peppers for a very rounded flavor.
Cook the mixture on the stove on medium heat for ten minutes and then cover with lid and turn on low til needed. If you are heading out the door, you can pour the pasta sauce into the slow cooker set on low til you get home and are ready to eat. We personally love whole wheat spaghetti pasta so I add half of a box to boiling/salted water with a drop of oil (optional) and cook for about eight minutes.
We top our cooked noodles with the spaghetti sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and we are a happy little family. Of course you can make your own pasta sauce and boil some fresh chopped tomatoes to add but we’re focusing this month on super quick ways to get dinner on the table in record time.
Here’s your printable Best Spaghetti recipe card:
- Cooked ground meat
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 can chopped, stewed tomatoes
- Sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- One good squirt of ketchup
- ½ jar medium-spiced salsa
- Spaghetti Pasta
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- Precooked ground beef is added to a saucepan, as well as a jar of pasta sauce and a can of stewed but chopped tomatoes.
- Add a sprinkling of Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and one good squirt of ketchup.
- Add half of a jar of medium-spicy salsa.
- Cook the mixture on the stove on medium heat for ten minutes and then cover with lid and turn on low til needed OR add to slow cooker set on low til you get home and are ready to eat.
- Boil your spaghetti noodles while sauce is cooking OR cook when you return home and are ready to eat.
- Add noodles to boiling/salted water with a drop of oil (optional) and cook for about eight minutes.
- Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Seriously, the salsas give my best spaghetti recipe a deep flavor that you won’t get without it.
For leftovers: Mix cooked pasta and cooked spaghetti sauce together and pour in a greased casserole dish. Preheat oven for 350. If pasta/sauce mixture is too dry, mix in 2 Tablespoons melted butter and stir so that it’s good and “juicy.” Add parmesan and shredded cheese to the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about twenty minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted on top.
This hack gives a ‘newness’ to the recipe so your family doesn’t feel as if they are eating the same exact meal twice. This leftover meal I call Spaghetti Bake is almost better than the original because the flavors have truly married and are incredible. Enjoy!
31 Days of Delicious Easy Recipes for Busy Wives series:
Be sure to subscribe so that you’ll know when I share an even healthier version. Don’t worry, the healthier pancakes will taste great or we aren’t eating and sharing. You can bank on that. You can also follow the fun on The How-to Guru Facebook page or Instagram.