Tired of wondering how to cook green beans that aren’t tasteless and soggy – without it taking forever? You’re gonna cook these awesome veggies like a boss and be done in minutes! This idea is, after all, part of the 31 Days of Delicious Easy Recipes for Busy Wives this month. Ready to get on to the deliciousness? Let’s go!
Don’t worry – I won’t force you, though. If you absolutely don’t want to use bacon grease then my second choice would be butter, then olive oil or coconut oil. The cast iron will be instrumental in adding incredible flavor as well. Don’t have a cast iron yet? My most used piece is this old-school, heavy duty Lodge Cast-Iron Skillet.
How to Cook Green Beans
The ingredients and instructions for a printable recipe card are below but here’s the basic idea ->>>
Melt bacon grease (or butter, coconut oil, or olive oil) in the center of a cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, cut up one piece of fresh garlic. Optionally, chopping and cooking 1/8 of an onion as well will amp up the flavor also. Cook in grease for 2 minutes. Add green beans that have thawed, along with salt and pepper seasoning. Toss to coat beans until thoroughly coated. Cook at medium heat for 5 minutes Turn the burner on low heat, cover with a lid, and cook for 5 more minutes.
That’s all folks!
Here’s your printable recipe cards of how to cook green beans:
- 2 Tablespoons bacon grease (or butter or oil)
- 1 bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 clove garlic
- optional: ⅛ chopped onion
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- Melt bacon grease (or butter, coconut oil, or olive oil) in the center of a cast iron skillet.
- Meanwhile, cut up one piece of fresh garlic.
- Optional: chop and cook ⅛ of an onion.
- Cook in grease 2 minutes.
- Add green beans and salt and pepper seasoning and toss to coat beans until thoroughly coated..
- Cook at medium heat for 5 minutes
- Turn burner to lowest heat, cover with a lid, and cook for 5 more minutes.
You can also pour frozen green beans into a boiling pot of rich chicken broth with seasonings and cook for ten minutes or to stretch thawed green beans on a cookie sheet, coated with butter, seasonings, and parmesan to broil for 10 minutes, but this is the most flavorful way I know how to cook green beans.
Is this the way you were taught how to cook green beans?
—>Make sure that you are subscribed so that you won’t miss a bit of the WifeLife encouragement (you’ll also get an encouraging wifey freebie!), monthly challenges, and giveaways. Follow along daily with The How-to Guru Facebook page , Twitter, and/orInstagram. <—
31 days of delicious easy recipes for busy wives series: