I’m pushing myself and YOU to step up for a Wifey Challenge for February – a Shop Your Pantry Challenge! If you read my recent post about my WifeLife Theme for the year, you know it’s about being intentional. I shared specific ways I want to be intentional in my life, but one big way I also need to improve is to save money. Here are the details of the challenge … should you choose to accept …..
I do hope that you will stretch yourself to cook more and buy less but let’s have fun with it, y’all! This is a community of Wives that are all on the same side of this life gig, you know. Let’s help each other out and don’t stress!
Before we get into the rules of this game, let’s talk about what benefits we’ll have by completing this mission, shall we?!
- We’ll waste less food
- We’ll probably eat a little healthier
- We’ll have more time to do other important things
- We’ll enjoy the art of cooking again (get yo’ kitchen mojo back)
- When we have to improvise, we might create a new dish we love!
Shop Your Pantry February
Here are the simple rules:
- Cook meals (especially dinner) from a “shop” your pantry, fridge, or freezer mindset
- Only spend $20 a week during the month of February to buy filler foods.
- Everything doesn’t have to be cooked from scratch – just get food on the table, Sista!
- Only shop at the grocery store once a week – no matter what!
- If you don’t have an ingredient you need, improvise!
- At least one day this month, post a pic of one meal you created on the FB or IG page or tag me @thehowtoguru
The days that you cook versus the days you eat out are completely up to you. My goal is to only eat out one meal a week and cook all of the other dinners. Of course, the more you cook at home and pass on restaurants and drive-thrus, the more money you will save. Up to you!
Here’s a month’s worth of easy delicious meals to get you started, plus the easy peasy pork chops recipe that I cooked just last night. This week is a short one since it’s already Wednesday. See how far you can stretch $20 until Sunday night. Monday morning, the 6th, start with $20 more.
Enjoy and get in that kitchen sister!
Do YOU accept the Shop Your Pantry Challenge?
—>Make sure that you are subscribed so that you won’t miss all of the WifeLife encouragement in family travel, beauty, and WifeHood (you’ll also automatically receive a freebie). Follow along daily with The How-to Guru Facebook page and/or Instagram because I’ll be sharing snippets this month of how I’m cooking mainly from my pantry, fridge, and freezer and the meals I create!<—
more you may enjoy: