This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
Since there are so many bloggers in the blogosphere, the Mystery Blogger Award was created to get the word out about certain ones. I was nominated!! I’m thankful for my online friend, Ayanna, over at 21 Flavors of Splendor for honoring me with this. I would highly recommend her blog for amazing faith, fun, and finance tips!
Okoto Enigma created this Mystery Blogger Award back in 2016. She sought to recognize “amazing bloggers with ingenious posts.” She says that those nominated for this award, “not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they can get.” Thank you, Okoto, for noticing the hard work we put in each and every day!
Three things about the “Guru”
1. I chose the name, “the How-to Guru” on a whim one day. I don’t feel like an expert at anything, actually! It simply sounded catchy. As an, ahem, older woman, I hoped others could learn from my how-tos and my mistakes! I struggled a lot as a new wife and I rack my brain to think of ways to help other wives!
2. I spent two whole weeks in London, England as a mere 16-year-old. Before that, I can remember traveling all over the U.S. in my Grandparent’s Winnebago throughout my childhood. It’s no wonder I became a travel journalist. Once you catch the travel bug, there’s no cure!
3. I honestly feel as if I live in the wrong era. I adore everything about the 1940s. The big band music, the classy fashion, the simple way of life, and the way the country rallied together during WWII. When I see shows or images about that era, I feel homesick! That’s probably the weirdest thing you’ve read to date, but it’s honest! What can I say, I’m a unique girl. 😉
Questions I must answer
The 2nd challenge as a nominee is that I have to answer these five questions that Ayanna asked me:
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself? optimistic
- Where is your favorite place to work on your blog? in my office at my old-fashioned desk
- What is your favorite thing to do when you have me time? read – read – read
- What your favorite snack food that’s really junk food? hershey kisses & coke
- If you could meet any living person, who would it be? Priscilla Shirer & family
The posts I have to choose
The 3rd challenge is to choose my favorite posts.
My nominations for Mystery Blogger Award
As a nominee of a Mystery Blogger Award, I get the privilege of choosing a few candidates myself. I purposely am sharing my favorite diverse blogs that bring a smile to my face…..
Brown Dog Vintage – She had me at “vintage” in her blog name, and kept me with words like “shiplap!” You’ll love her frugal tips of all things farmhouse decorating.
Finding Joy with Brinalynn – I love this site because she tells it like it is and sugar-coats nothing! That in itself is refreshing, but she also shares helpful day-to-day hope and encouragement for Moms literally “in the trenches” of Momhood & Wife life.
Meet Penny – This site is full of no-nonsense family fun with a purpose of frugality – in order to give back. What started as a coupon site years ago, is now a delightful helper with lots of great tips. Enjoy!
Only Girl 4 Boyz – I can always count on Jehava to bring sunshine to a cloudy day with her Christian encouragement as a stay-at-home Mom and wife. I especially enjoy her fashion sense and joyful personality.
Check these lovely ladies out to get inspiration as I do!
Now ladies, if you would like to accept your Mystery Blogger Award nomination and choose to announce your own, here are the five questions I have for you:
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
- What time of day do you do blog work?
- How do you pamper yourself?
- What does your immediate family think about your blog?
- What female inspires you most?
Here are the official rules for the Mystery Blogger Award. You can also find them on Enigma’s blog. Nominees, please let me know if you decide to continue this award – I’d love to see who you nominate.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice – with one weird or funny question
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Which of the blogger award nominees is your favorite?
PLEASE SHARE SO OTHERS CAN HAVE FUN WITH THIS TOO!