This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
A big struggle in every American home: breakfast! That’s why this breakfast burrito recipe is golden. It’s early, everyone is trying to get ready for the day, and who wants to cook breakfast? Not me! Many women have confessed that breakfast meals are the hardest to plan and execute consistently. Same here, so here’s one hack to help make your mornings smoother, friend …..
What’s neat about this breakfast burrito idea is that it only takes minutes to prepare tons of them and throw them in the freezer until you need them. Hallelujah! There is hope for happy mornings where breakfast is ready in (almost) an instant. These are so versatile that you can literally have unlimited possibilities of what to put inside your tortillas according to what your family likes. I challenge you though to try a few ingredient ideas that are new.
The Breakfast Burrito
Details of ingredients and instructions are below but I’ll hit the high points of how quick and easy this is for us. Superman and I prefer whole wheat tortillas while Princess loves the spinach ones. For the filling, I based it on what we had on had – scrambled eggs, cheese, bell pepper, onion, and bacon. When popped out of the freezer and warmed in the microwave for a minute, the butter (tiny bit rubbed on inside of tortilla) and cheese melts as the contents warm. YUM!
I would plan to scramble two to three eggs per large tortilla or just one egg if you are building mini burritos. Add other contents in proportion with how many eggs you are preparing. I put a little butter in a skillet to scramble eggs with onions and bell pepper, while cooking bacon simultaneously in another skillet. While both skillets finish cooking, rub butter or sour cream on inside of each tortilla – in an assembly line on your counter. Add a heaping tablespoon of cooked egg mixture, meat, and cheese to each tortilla. Fold them up like you see them do at your favorite burrito joint.
Add folded breakfast burrito side by side in freezer bags and throw those babies in the freezer for later. When you are ready to eat one, put on a plate or napkin and cook in microwave for one minute on one side and 25 seconds on the other. Easy peasy!
Here’s your printable breakfast burrito recipe card below:
- veggies of your choice
- meat of your choice (bacon or sausage, etc)
- butter and/or sour cream
- Ziploc bags
- Line as many tortillas up on your counter as possible.
- Cook eggs and veggies in a little butter in one skillet while cooking breakfast meat in oil in another skillet.
- While egg mixture and meat finish cooking, smear a little butter or sour cream on inside of tortilla.
- Put a heaping tablespoon or more of each mixture, meat, and cheese. After all tortillas are filled, fold sides of tortilla in and fold up.
- Place several burritos in each freezer bag and put in freezer.
- When ready to eat, remove burrito in microwave and cook for one minute on one side and 25 second on the other.
What will you fill Your breakfast burrito with?
31 Days of Delicious Easy Recipes for Busy Wives Series …..