This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
How to Apply Makeup Quickly
I found out that 99.9% of my friends have absolutely no idea how to apply makeup – not even the basics. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. I had no idea!
All this time I just thought they were into the natural look or anti-makeup. Nope, most of my gal pals say that they just aren’t sure what to do with it so they don’t even try. Oh my!
Are you like my friends and lost when it comes to beauty products and what to do with them?
I promised that I’d share a how-to for the super-busy girls who feel like they don’t have the skills or the time. It’s best to prep your face first with skincare hacks every woman should be doing, but deal with that when you can. Let’s get to how to apply this makeup gig, shall we?
What I’m about to show you (in video below, thank you beary much) the most basic makeup routine. Not even kidding. Minutes. It takes three minutes or less.
When I have to run errands, being too lazy, need to be the kiddo’s taxi cab, or for the rare case that I get to stay home all day (yes, I do this for my hubby!). I just add a couple makeup steps to glam up my look when I need it.
Also, I love higher-end makeup but I also keep a stash of the drugstore kind for these kinds of days – that’s what I suggest for you if you are just starting out.
Watch the How to Apply Makeup Video below or go to the makeup tutorial.
- Flesh-colored Shadow
- Powder with Kabuki brush
- Prep the skin by using cleaner, toner, and moisturizer prior to application.
- Apply concealer under eyes, on entire lid, and on any blemishes or scars.
- Apply base shadow to entire lid with
- Swirling kabuki brush into powder,
applyall over facewith circularmotion until the amount of coverage is achieved.
- Apply mascara to bottom lashes first. Apply mascara to
topside of upper lashes. Apply more mascara to the wand and apply mascara to upper lash starting at the base and pushing upward.
- Clean brows of any powder residue and apply brow color if needed.
- Apply a pop of color with lipgloss.
Products I Used
These days I’m using the best, drugstore brands I can find and these are my current faves:
- Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 3 Kit Shadow
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara
- Hard Candy Fierce Effects Argan Oil Lip Gloss
- Professional Kabuki Makeup Brush – Carrying Case & E-Book Included
- Makeup Brushes Premium Set
Let me know in the comments if this tutorial helps you, friend, or if you have questions.
—>Make sure that you are subscribed so that you won’t miss all of the WifeLife encouragement in women’s wellness, family travel, beauty, and WifeHood (you’ll also automatically receive a short, helpful read about less chaos & more calm). Follow along daily with The How-to Guru Facebook page , Twitter, and/or Instagram. <—
More you may enjoy: