This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
I thought yummy pound cakes like my Grandma made were too hard to bake. Not this one, honey. This easy and moist pound cake recipe also has a browned, crunchy top and will have you at “hero status” in your home once again. Whether you are baking this classic, southern dessert for spring desserts, Easter cake, Thanksgiving menu, Christmas desserts, or on just a plain old Wednesday, the recipients will love you for it!
I remember fondly the childhood moments spent in my Grammy’s kitchen watching her bake pound cake in her Bundt pan. I was so excited when I grew up and got a Bundt pan of my own. I’d love for my kids and Grandkids (of the future) to remember how much I enjoyed baking easy recipes in the kitchen for them.
MY POUND CAKE BACKSTORY
When I started baking pound cakes on my own and tried to duplicate my Grandmother, however, I found out that some pound cake recipes are difficult. Some recipes have turned out too dense, too dry, or too crumbly. I’m not one to give up, though, so as always, I got into my test kitchen to experiment. The results finally paid off. I’ve created easy pound cake recipe that’s scrumptious as can be!
EASY POUND CAKE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
All the exact measurements for my easy pound cake recipe are on the printable recipe card below, but here are the ingredients at a glance.
- Crisco shortening
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla (or other) flavoring
EASY POUND CAKE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
There’s an easy pound cake recipe printable recipe card below, but here’s the basic idea –>
You’ll find a printable recipe card below, but this pound cake recipe is pretty simple. Several common ingredients are added to the mixer, the batter is poured into the bundt pan, and then you can forget about it for an hour. Easy peasy.
If you want to get into specifics: sugar and Crisco are mixed until fluffy, then eggs are added to the mixer one at a time. The rest of ingredients are added and mixed. Bake for one hour. Wondering how to get a fluffy cake every single time?
If you haven’t bought yourself a bundt cake pan yet, don’t worry, my favorite is super cheap right now…
These tips will work for this pound cake recipe and every other cake you choose to bake:
- Allow eggs to become room temperature before adding to the recipe
- Don’t allow the pan to touch the oven glass of the door while cooking
- If the cake is almost done but a little “jiggly” in the center, turn oven off and let cake stay in the oven for five minutes
- Be sure to let cool completely before removing cake from pan
Here’s your printable pound cake recipe card:
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C Crisco shortening
- 3 C AP flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 C milk
- 2 tsp of favorite flavorings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Cream sugar and Crisco in large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time into mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
- Mix until blended but not too much.
- Add two teaspoons of flavoring of choice (vanilla, lemon, etc).
- Place in oven and bake for one hour. If jiggly in center after one hour. Turn off heat and leave cake in oven for extra five minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan.
Add 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and 1/2 tablespoon softened butter together and swirl through the top layer of the above recipe for a gorgeous swirl. To make the glaze icing, simply add a little water, milk, or lemon juice to 1 cup of powdered sugar until it’s the consistency of pancake mix. Pour it in thin lines around the cooled cake.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy this super simple cake for spring, Easter, holidays, or any occasion. You are welcome!
Let me know in the comments if you have fond memories of a special recipe too!
- LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHIPS MUFFINS YOU’LL SWEAR AREN’T HEALTHY
- GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPE FOR FALL: EASY + NORMAL INGREDIENTS
- HOW TO CLEAN LAMINATE FLOORS LIKE A BOSS (FAST & EASY!)
- HOW TO GET ORGANIZED WITHIN YOUR HOME FOR GOOD
Easy baked potato bar
Fail-proof crockpot chicken
Chocolate Wacky Cake
Fast stir-fry recipe
Amazing but easy jalapeno cornbread
Simple but moist meatloaf recipe
Easy & healthier homemade hamburger helper
Fastest & best lasagna recipe you’ve tried