Let’s pull back those dusty curtains to let the sun beam in so we can start with some some speedy Spring cleaning tips that can be done in minutes! If we’re honest, we all want to find those Spring cleaning hacks and declutter tips to make our home feel fresh as things start to warm up outside! I’ve got some quick house cleaning tips that’ll help the house look great without us putting forward much effort. I think you’ll love these home hacks that’ll freshen up the homestead in no time!
SPRING CLEANING TIPS
I don’t know about you, but winter slows me down and I find myself doing just the bare minimum – especially with cleaning house. I just don’t have the energy or gumption. Are you like that? If so, here are a 4 Spring cleaning tips to put a little pep in our step so we can fall in love with our homes again. Here’s what we’re working on:
- coffee maker
- washing machine
HOW TO CLEAN COFFEE MAKER
I mean, if we’re going to do this, let’s do it right and start with what’s most important – coffee. I’m only kidding (well, sort of).
The thought of mildew and germs collecting in the warm places of my coffee maker that I can’t see makes me cringe. I have a Keurig also, but most days I used my archaic, 12-cup, automatic drip coffee maker. Let’s use my favorite of the Spring cleaning tips here:
- Mix 1/2 cup of vinegar to 1/2 cup of water and add to the coffee maker to brew.
- Let the machine follow through with the brewing for just a couple minutes and then turn the coffee maker off.
- Set a timer for 20 min and let the coffee maker soak while you do the next of the spring cleaning tips.
- After 20 minutes is up, let the coffee machine finish brewing the rest of the water.
- Remove the coffee filter and replace with a new one. Fill the water chamber all the way up with fresh water only.
- Allow the coffee maker to completely brew this second time to completion.
Now you are ready for a super clean, fresh pot of coffee to be enjoyed. I guarantee you that it will taste better than the last one. The vinegar smell may linger for a few hours but will go away.
HOW TO CLEAN DISHWASHER
Sounds weird to talk about how to clean the dishwasher when it does so much cleaning for us almost every day. But it’s important to give that dishwasher a thorough spring cleaning now and then to take care of germs, stains, and build up from our water.
- Simply use Affresh Dishwasher Cleaner and follow the directions of the container.
- Run one load with this amazing dishwasher cleaner.
HOW TO CLEAN WASHING MACHINE
Again, it seems odd to discuss how to clean the washing machine when we aren’t used to thinking about cleaning the washing machine itself. The washing machine does need disinfecting though and a thorough scrubbing.
Thank goodness, two ingredients do the job we that we don’t have to.
- Add equal parts of distilled white vinegar and baking soda (I use a cup of each) to a full load of
- Let the mixture sit undisturbed in the washing machine for one hour while you complete the other spring cleaning tips.
- After one hour, turn a deep cleaning setting on with one big, old towel in the wash.
- Let the cycle run completely and it is sparkly clean!
HOW TO CLEAN OVEN
This is one I don’t typically do but my oven needs it badly. I never really loved those spray cleaners from the store because the fumes are intoxicating. So, here’s a better idea:
- In a bowl, stir 3 Tablespoons baking soda and a couple drops of water.
- Add drops of water until a thick but moist paste is created.
- Remove racks from the oven and allow them to soak in soapy water in the sink.
- Spread the baking soda paste on the dirty surfaces of the oven.
- Don’t be alarmed when the paste turns dark.
- Let the paste soak for at least one hour.
- Wipe out the excess of baking soda with a wet rag into the trash can.
- Use a clean wet rag to clean the remainder of residue from the oven until clean.
- Leave oven open to dry for 30 minutes.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT SPRING CLEANING TIPS
- Why is spring cleaning important? Although totally up to every keeper of their home, most women are ready for a refresh and a way to clean up all the ‘winter junk’ that may have piled up during the cold months like all the bulky clothing, gear, blankets, and messiness. Spring typically makes everyone want to clear out and clean up!
- What do you do for spring cleaning? The beauty is… whatever you want to make your home feel deep cleaned and fresh. Typically I try to deep clean areas that are always forgotten as I’ve listed above like the dishwasher and washing machine. A refresh can also happen throughout the house with a closet declutter. Think of what would make your home feel deep cleaned!
- HOW TO CLEAN LAMINATE FLOORS LIKE A BOSS (FAST & EASY!)
- WORD OF THE YEAR: HOW TO CHOOSE FOCUS AND INSPIRATION FOR MOM LIFE
- DISNEY WORLD HACKS: 5 WAYS TO ROCK A DISNEY TRIP WITHOUT GOING BROKE
I hope you find this simple Spring cleaning tips helpful and fast. Let me know how you do!