This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
Yesterday, I was standing in my kitchen craving the smell of baked desserts when I noticed four very ripe bananas. An unplanned Gluten Free banana bread recipe experiment began and a heavenly aroma wafted throughout the house. The result of this “test kitchen” recipe was a moist, naturally sweet banana bread that just happens to be gluten free and dairy free. There are no weird ingredients or complicated instructions. Oh, and you can easily convert this into a gluten free banana muffins recipe as well. You don’t want to miss this easy dessert recipe that will bring all the feels – any time of year!
EASY GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD
Most gluten free recipes require expensive, specialty flours that must be mixed together in order to make the baked goods have the correct consistency. That’s not the case in this recipe. The star of the show here is Great Value Gluten Free flour that is convenient, gluten free, dairy free, and soy free!
I call my favorite days at home “test kitchen” days where I experiment with EASY recipes until I come up with ones to die for. This gluten free banana bread recipe is so good that I couldn’t possibly keep it to myself.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS
All the exact measurements are on the printable recipe card below, but here are the ingredients at a glance.
- GF flour
- ripe bananas
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- butter (I used smart butter) that’s dairy free & made with olive oil)
- milk (I use almond milk)
- baking powder
- nuts or chocolate chips are optional
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD INSTRUCTIONS
There’s a gluten free banana bread printable recipe card below, but here’s the basic idea –>
After preheating the oven and greasing a 9×5 loaf pan, you’ll be combining the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then, cream together the butter and sugar with mixer. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Don’t overmix but just stir until incorporated.
Sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the mix in the loaf pan and use a knife to swirl. Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry and top is golden brown.
Here’s your printable recipe card for my gluten free banana bread:
- 2 cups GF flour
- 4 mashed, ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup & a pinch of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened butter (I used smart butter) that’s dairy free & made with olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk (I use almond)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nuts or chocolate chips are optional
- Preheating oven at 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar with mixer.
- Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Don’t overmix
- Stir in optional nuts or chocolate chips now
- Sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the mix in the loaf pan and use a knife to swirl.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick is dry and top is golden brown.
BANANA BREAD TIPS
#1) Don’t over mix this recipe. If the bananas are still lumpy, use a fork and mash a few times instead of stirring.
#2) This recipe can easily be turned into a gluten free banana muffins recipe by pouring the finished batter 3/4 of the way into greased muffin tins and adjusting the cooking time by checking about 5-10 minutes sooner.
#3) Another idea is to use this gluten free banana bread recipe as an easy gift for friends and loved ones. Who wouldn’t love to receive a warm bundle of goodness like this?!
Since this recipe turned out so moist and tasty, there will be many more gluten free, dairy free, soy free recipes this season – and I’ll tell you all about it when I do!
YOU MAY NEED:
My absolute favorite loaf pan to make my baked goods in is my Pioneer Woman one because to date, nothing sticks to the pan when it’s time to remove it. When you’re baking, that’s extremely important. AND, no matter how messy the baking gets, it’s always easy to clean and food doesn’t stick. Yes, yes, and amen. If you don’t have one, I suggest you hurry and get one pronto, friend.
- CHEESEBURGER PIE: LOW CARB + EASY + YUMMY
- LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHIPS MUFFINS YOU’LL SWEAR AREN’T HEALTHY
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR A HURRICANE & OTHER DISASTERS AROUND THE HOME – WIFE EDITION
I hope this has been helpful, friend. Let me know how it goes!