Yesterday, I was standing in my kitchen craving the smell of fall desserts when I noticed four very ripe bananas. An unplanned Gluten Free banana bread recipe experiment began and a heavenly aroma wafted throughout the house. The result of this “test kitchen” recipe was a moist, naturally sweet banana bread that just happens to be gluten free and dairy free (I only had to add a tiny bit of sweetness). You don’t want to miss this incredible fall dessert that will bring all the fall feels.
Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread
Most gluten free recipes require expensive, specialty flours that must be mixed together in order to make the baked goods have the correct consistency. That’s not the case in this recipe. The star of the show here is Great Value Gluten Free flour that is convenient, gluten free, dairy free, and soy free!
I call my favorite days at home “test kitchen” days where I experiment with EASY recipes until I come up with ones to die for. This gluten free banana bread recipe is so good that I couldn’t possibly keep it to myself.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS
All the exact measurements are on the printable recipe card below, but here are the ingredients at a glance.
- GF flour
- ripe bananas
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- butter (I used smart butter) that’s dairy free & made with olive oil)
- milk (I use almond milk)
- baking powder
- nuts or chocolate chips are optional
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD INSTRUCTIONS
There’s a gluten free banana bread printable recipe card below, but here’s the basic idea –>
After preheating the oven and greasing a 9×5 loaf pan, you’ll be combining the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then, cream together the butter and sugar with mixer. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Don’t overmix but just stir until incorporated.
Sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the mix in the loaf pan and use a knife to swirl. Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry and top is golden brown.
Here’s your printable recipe card for my gluten free banana bread:
- 2 cups GF flour
- 4 mashed, ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup & a pinch of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened butter (I used smart butter) that’s dairy free & made with olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk (I use almond)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nuts or chocolate chips are optional
- Preheating oven at 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar with mixer.
- Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Don’t overmix
- Stir in optional nuts or chocolate chips now
- Sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the mix in the loaf pan and use a knife to swirl.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick is dry and top is golden brown.
Since this recipe turned out so moist and tasty, there will be many more gluten free, dairy free, soy free recipes this season – and I’ll tell you all about it when I do!
- CHEESEBURGER PIE: LOW CARB + EASY + YUMMY
- LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHIPS MUFFINS YOU’LL SWEAR AREN’T HEALTHY
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR A HURRICANE & OTHER DISASTERS AROUND THE HOME – WIFE EDITION
Another idea is to use this gluten free banana bread recipe as an easy gift for friends and loved ones. Who wouldn’t love to receive a warm bundle of goodness like this?!