This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
Don’t you just hate it when you want a hard-boiled egg, but you don’t boil it long enough, or you overcook it til it’s dry as a bone? And nothing is more frustrating than trying to get that darn eggshell off that just refuses to cooperate! Here’s how to boil eggs perfectly every single time and get those eggshells to slide right off – as easy as a dream. Ready, wife friend?
How to boil eggs
I hesitated to share this tutorial because I feared that I’d look silly writing and filming about something so simple. But then I remembered that as a wife it takes time to figure things out. If sharing this hack of how to boil eggs saves you from a few moments of stress, then I’d do it all over again.
I’ve even published a How to Boil Eggs video for you on YouTube that I’ll add below. But first, I’m spelling out my instructions so that uyou can get the hang of it. After a couple times, you’ll have the steps memorized for good.
Directions for perfectly-boiled eggs
- Place whole, raw eggs in a medium saucepan
- Cover with cold water – just to the top of eggs
- Turn burner to high
- Bring eggs and water to a hard boil
- When a boil starts, turn the burner off
- Leave pot on the hot burner and cover
- Set timer for 10-12 minutes
- Remove pan and sit in the kitchen sink
- Run cold water in pan
- Start cracking eggs right away and rinse
How to boil eggs video