Hallelu! I have finally found the best fluffy pancake recipe. That’s a huge statement, I know. Perfect pancakes are no joking matter! Seriously, I have been experimenting in the kitchen for years to find a simple homemade pancake recipe that would make light and airy ones similar to Bisquick pancakes. My recipes of the past may have tasted OK but were flat as a corn fritter and vice versa. This recipe is a lifesaver because it makes 15-20 pancakes – that freeze and reheat very well to make your mornings a little less crazy.
The Perfect Fluffy Pancake Recipe
The ingredients and instructions on a printable recipe card are below but here’s the basic idea ->
I suggest measuring all the ingredients out and putting them in a large mixing bowl one by one and then mixing once at the end to blend it all. The reason for this is that if you mix after every ingredient, the pancake batter will be too tough. We want fluffy! After pancake mix is ready, set aside and let your pre-sprayed (with Pam) non-stick skillet pan warm on medium. Flicking a few water drops from your fingers on the pan will let you know it’s ready if it sizzles. If not, wait another minute to get to pouring.
Just add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla, and optional syrup to a large box and mix just til big lumps are gone. Don’t overmix! Butter your skillet, warm it on medium, and let the yummy goodness get going.
Here’s your printable Fluffy Pancake Recipe Card:
- 2 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla, and optional syrup to a large bowl and mix - just til big lumps are gone.
- Don't overmix!
- Warm your skillet that has been sprayed with Pam on medium heat.
- Skillet is ready when water flicked onto it with fingers causes it to sizzle.
- Pour pancakes mix onto skillet in small blobs and turn when covered in bubbles. You can "peek" by lifting edge of pancake slightly to see if bottom is brown enough. Then flip.
Enjoy greeting your family on any morning that you choose with this fluffy pancake recipe – whether fresh or fluffed out of the freezer. No one will ever know but you and me, friend. A hero you will once again be.
When do you plan to bless your people with this fluffy pancake recipe?
31 days of Delicious Easy Recipes for Busy Wives Series:
Be sure to subscribe so that you’ll know when I share an even healthier version. Don’t worry, the healthier pancakes will taste great or we aren’t eating and sharing. You can bank on that. You can also follow the fun on The How-to Guru Facebook page or Instagram.