This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
My gluten free pumpkin cupcakes recipe began as a kitchen experiment for the season. My (VERY PICKY) family went so crazy over these sweet, light, and fluffy pumpkin spice cupcakes that are tasty without icing. They’re just that good and they disappear fast – true story! Yep, you’ll want to check out this super easy recipe with normal ingredients. The results are moist and delicious gluten free pumpkin cupcakes (shhh – that no one will ever know are gluten free and dairy free too)! They can be made with gluten-free or all-purpose flour.
Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes
That’s the way our easy, delicious recipes roll around here these days – without gluten or dairy, but trust me, no one will taste the difference! We try to keep it low carb with meals like a perfect pork chops recipe and Cheeseburger pie so we can enjoy treats like this and pumpkin muffins!!
This recipe is so easy because you start with a cake mix, and a couple normal ingredients, and poof, you’ve got incredibly tasty cupcakes that would even be perfect for cozy fall mornings with a cup o’ joe.
1 (15 oz) Great Value Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix (or the same amount of all purpose flour for non-GF cupcakes)
6 Tbsp. butter, soft (I use Smart Balance dairy free butter)
3 eggs (room temperature, if possible)
3/4 cup milk (I used Silk Almond Milk)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 heaping Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
PUMPKIN CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS
There’s a printable recipe card below, but here’s the basic idea –>
Add GF cake mix and the rest of the ingredients listed above to a large bowl and mix with a standing or hand mixer until lumps are mostly gone.
Pour Pumpkin Spice Cupcake mix into greased cupcake tins (with or without paper liners) about 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 for about 20 -25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Here’s your printable recipe card for my gluten free pumpkin cupcakes:
- 1 (15 oz) Great Value Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix (gluten, dairy, and soy free)
- 6 Tbsp. butter, soft (I use Smart Balance dairy free butter)
- 3 eggs (room temperature, if possible)
- 3/4 cup milk (I used Silk Almond Milk)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Follow directions on the back of Gluten Free cake mix
- Add canned pumpkin.
- Add maple syrup.
- Add Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Stir well until there aren’t any lumps.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not overcook.
- *optional – frost with your favorite icing.
- Our cupcakes never last long enough to get icing! 😉
Since this recipe turned out so moist and tasty, I plan to test out more gluten free, dairy free pumpkin recipes this season – and I’ll tell you all about it when I do! Just so you know, these gluten free pumpkin spice cupcakes are addictive – proceed with caution!
- CHEESEBURGER PIE: LOW CARB + EASY + YUMMY
- HOW TO MAKE EASY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FOR BREAKFAST!!!
- HOW TO PREPARE OUR HEARTS AND HOME NOW FOR A FABULOUS NEW SEASON
I hope you trust me on this one, these babies are amazing! You might better plan to make two batches because the first one will be gone in a jiffy!