This post may contain compensated links. Refer to my disclaimer for more info.
Everyone loves chicken and rice – especially if it’s moist and flavorful! Quick and easy too?! Hallelu! This is another one in our series 31 days of delicious easy recipes for busy wives that you can make completely versatile. It can be rich and fattening or healthy as you choose in mere minutes. Let’s get going, shall we?
The secret that sets this super-easy chicken and rice dish apart is the homemade cream of chicken soup that I shared yesterday. Don’t let the word homemade scare you. The creamy sauce is fast and uses very basic ingredients. I made this meal today for lunch with brown rice and you couldn’t tell the healthier rice was included. The flavor was incredible!
Chicken and Rice
A video, plus the ingredients and instructions on a printable recipe card are below but here’s the basic idea ->
Quickly prepare yesterday’s cream of chicken soup in a skillet. In the same skillet add cooked chicken cubes, cooked rice, and a Tablespoon of butter. Stir. Optional: Add cooked broccoli, carrots, or green peas if desired. Add warm broth if it’s too thick. Garnish with fresh green onions if possible. Easy Peasy!
Here’s your printable recipe card for Quick & Tasty Chicken and Rice:
- Homemade cream of chicken (on the blog)
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked chicken
- 1 Cup cooked rice
- optional: cooked veggies & broth
- Prepare cream of chicken soup in a skillet.
- In the same skillet add cooked chicken cubes, cooked rice, and a Tablespoon of butter.
- Optional: Add cooked broccoli, carrots, or green peas if desired.
- Add warm broth if it's too thick.
- Garnish with fresh green onions if possible.
Do you love chicken and rice as much as we do?
31 days of delicious easy recipes for busy wives series: